Sunday, July 19, 2009

Illinois from the back of a bike



In order to retain my biker babe status, I joined John today for a road trip. Straight across Illinois on state road 140 there is corn, and more corn for Americans and their animals.

The photos are all taken from the back of the bike. At first I was a little wobbly, but I got confident as we rode along.

We made our way over to Alton. I was glad we didn’t have to stop in Fast Eddie’s again. It’s more of a local site than a real biker bar, anyway.


Instead, we did the river road up to Grafton. The road had been paved since we were here last Fall, all part of the American Recover and Reinvestment Act!


Mississippi River

We had a good lunch at a place called Piasa’s Pub - pulled pork sandwich, Asian cole slaw, chips - and looked around Grafton some.

The Piasa Pub in Grafton
And then we came back ...




Christmas Tree Farm

1 comment: